You are welcome in the name of Jesus!
Services Resuming June 21, 2020
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
As we make preparations for the resumption of services at our parish we should recognize that everything will not immediately go back to normal. As we gather together we must also continue to ensure that the safety of our members remains a priority, and we must also consider that everyone’s risk tolerance is somewhat different. Therefore we must find the right balance between the need to gather to receive Word and Sacrament and opening the building in a way that still minimizes any risk of transmission, while recognizing the concerns of our parishioners.
Guidelines for the start of services:
• If you are not feeling well for any reason, and especially if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms or fever, please stay home! This is the not the time to come to church if you are not feeling well!
• While our Lord desires all to come into His presence and receive His gifts in the Divine Service, if you are uncomfortable returning to a public service for any reason, or you are considered high risk, please feel at peace to stay home. The sermon and bulletin will be posted on our website as usual and I am working on recording the service for our YouTube channel as well (although that might take a few more weeks).
• We are asking all of our members who are able to wear face masks for the service. We will have disposable masks available for those who do not have one.
• Hand sanitizer is available in the vestibule when you enter and at the back of the church.
• Practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others not in your household. and sitting in alternate pews. Please refrain from handshakes and hugs from those outside your household during this time.
• Bulletins will be available as you come in, please take them with you. Also, the hymnal you use for the service will be yours for the foreseeable future. In order to avoid the need to clean hymnals after every service please take it with you and bring it back to church for services.
• The coffee hour is cancelled, and all other parts of the church will remain closed, again to reduce the need to sanitize those areas week to week. Bible study remains suspended at this time.
• Extended conversations and socializing are best done outside the church, and please remember to social distance!
Click here for information about livestreams and devotional materials while services are suspended.
Click here for the Christ Lutheran Church YouTube channel.
Christ Lutheran Church is a place where God gives His gifts to His people. We follow the traditional liturgies of the Christian church and strive for the clear preaching of God’s Word, focusing on the forgiveness of our sins for the sake of Christ Jesus. We draw attention to the spoken and sung Word rather than projected pixels and emotional anthems, and we partake of the true Body and Blood of Christ in Holy Communion every week.